Vice president Satish Mani became the Vice-President of the Multicultural Council of Rangitikei / Whanganui at their recent AGM.
Multicultural Council of Rangitikei/ Wanganui is a non-profit organization registered by the Charities Commission, run by volunteers to support ethnic communities and others in need. We continue to evolve and adapt to meet the changing life style of migrant. We are professional, innovative and strongly forward focused.
- To promote an understanding and preserve the ethnic customs, languages, religions, sports and cultures and to share them with the community of Rangitikei / Wanganui
- To support the rights of the ethnic individuals or groups to enjoy equal opportunities, to receive equal protection under the law, and to have equitable access to community resources.
- To provide a forum for the ethnic groups to share experiences and friendships and to enable ethnic groups to speak with one voice on matters of common concern.
- To raise consciousness among ethnic groups regarding the special status of Maori as the “Tangata whenua” (people of the land) under the Treaty of Waitangi.
- To provide assistance and orientation for those who are newcomers to the community and share each others’ company.
Meetings on 3rd Thursday at 7 30pm @ 137 Anzac Parade Wanganui East
We would like to thank Whanganui Community Foundation and the lottery commission for being our main supporters.
A Director of Rivercity Immigration and tax Consultant Ltd, I came to New Zealand from Fiji in 1989. I have lived in Wanganui sinc